New handcrafted Bath Bombs with Epsom salts and essential oils now available
Good morning blogees!
Christmas is FUN! Christmas is absolutely knackering!
Is your back aching as much as mine is from being doubled over helping Santa wrap all those Christmas presents? It may be 30c+ here this week on the Central Coast but I am soooooooo looking forward to a relaxing Salt Soak tonight to ease my poor back!! Don't fancy a hot soak? Heat the bath up, bomb it with your Salt Soak sachet then let it infuse and cool down before sinking in and letting nature's finest ingredients go to work.
We all work hard leading up to Christmas, what with shopping, wrapping presents, tidying the house and garden and finishing all those pesky last minute jobs before the holidays, sometimes it feels like our days will never end!
It's no different here at Crafty T, we've been just as busy Christmas shopping, getting our house in order, making our special Christmas gifts and getting ready for the Erina Fair Christmas Markets at the Hive. And my achy back, arms and feet are letting me know about it!
So I had an idea for a new product...
I love natural ingredients, I believe nature provides them for us to heal and nurture us so I did a little research on what works well with what to relax, rejuvenate and reinvigorate mind (scents) and skin (salts) and came up with these Salt Soaks. I have thoroughly enjoyed making these therapeutic salt soaks, they smell amazing and work wonders on your skin. These hand crafted Salt Soaks have been made up using a secret blend and magical combination of:
- Epsom Salts (magnesium & sulfate)
- Himalayan Rock Salt
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Rose Essential Oil
- Chamomile Essential Oil
- Pop one in a hot bath and let it infuse for 10 minutes or until the bath has cooled to your liking - don't burn yourself!!
- Alternatively, these also work great at drawing all those nasty toxins out through your feet when added to a foot soak. Again, add them to hot water and let the water cool for 10 minutes and the salts and oils will work their magic on the water and then your feet. Please test the water first, don't burn your feet!
Epsom Salts are absorbed through the skin and work to relieve muscle tension, pain, and is also a natural anti-inflammatory and exfoliants that can be used for treating muscle aches and dry skin. Submerge yourself in a warm Epsom salt bath to alleviate tension headaches or soothe abdominal cramps. Tired and sore feet will also benefit from the therapeutic warmth of an Epsom salt soak.
For a fantastic detailed list of benefits, read this blog here.
Himalayan Rock Salt: Adding Himalayan salt to a bath creates a rejuvenating, detoxing, and relaxing at-home spa. The salt water carries the electrical charge of the salt, along with the dissolved minerals. A salt bath helps draw out toxins, deep cleanses the skin, and helps cleanse the body energetically. Source.
Lavender: Excellent for aching muscles, relaxation, stress relief. Source.
Rose: Top benefits include decrease post-natal depression and general anxiety, improve skin health and libido & hormone health. Source.
Chamomile: Fight anxiety and depression, relieve skin irritations, alleviate PMS symptoms, reduce symptoms of insomnia, boost skin health, may relieve arthritic pain, displays anti cancer activity. Source.
- Ease stress
- Promote restful sleep
- Relieve inflammation and pain
- Improved ability of the body to use insulin, reducing the chance of diabetes
- Improved heart health – preventing hardening of the arteries and reducing blood pressure
- Improved nerve function due to electrolyte regulation
- Improved oxygen use
- Better absorption of nutrients
Sew-long for now,
PS. I am not being paid for any of these links, I just think they’re awesome :)